Multifunctional Optical Materials Group
Institute of Materials Science of Sevilla
Spanish National Research Council
c/ Américo Vespucio, 49. 41092 – Sevilla
tel: +34 954 489 552
|Synthesis, dispersion, deposition and characterization of nanomaterials for photoelectrochemical cells||Photo-electrochemistry/Interfacial nanoengineering|
|– Nanomaterials for dye-sensitized solar cell (nanostructured materials such as nanoparticles, nanospheres, hollow-spheres, nanotube, nanorod, nanowire and quantum dot)
– Nanostructured organic-inorganic composite for solar cell
– Low-temperature (<150 oC) based physical, chemical, and chemical-assistant physical process for flexible electronics
|– Electrochemical impedance spectroscopic (EIS) analysis
– Photocurrent-photovoltage transient spectroscopy analysis
– Photo-induced electron transport & interfacial charge recombination behavior
– Electro-optical characteristics of nanomaterials based solar cells media
|– Vacuum based processes for deposition, lithography, and etching
– Optical and electrical properties studies
– Transparent conducting oxide films
Dr. Yuelong Li received his PhD at Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST) in March of 2012, and then he moved to University of California-San Diego (UCSD) for his first postdoc until June of 2014. He is currently a postdoctoral researcher in the group of Multifunctional Optical Materials (http://mom.icmse.csic.es) in the Institute of Materials Science of Seville with financial support from Marie Curie International Incomming Fellowship from September of 2014. His main activities are devoted to the synthesis and characterization of novel nanomaterials for their application in photovoltaics, especially flexible type dye solar cells on plastic or metalic substrates. He has completed or be involved in numerous research projects financed by both national and private companies. He is author of more than 16 peer-reviewed publications, inventor of 3 internationalized patents, and numerous scientific presentations in international conferences.
Honors & Awards
– 03/2014. Marie Curie International Incoming Fellowship
– 02/2012. The Academic Excellence Award, KIST
– 12/2010. The Excellent Research Award, Solar Cell Research Center of KIST
– 03/2008-02/2012. The International R&D Academy Scholarship, KIST
– 03/2008-02/2012. The Basic Research Scholarship, KIST
– 03/2008-02/2012. The Globalization Base Scholarship, KIST
– 03/2006-02/2008. The Jungseok International Student Scholarship, Inha University
17. B. Kim, Y. Li, H.Jung, D.-K. Lee, J. Y. Kim, B.S. Kim, H. J. Sun, D.-H. Kim, M. J. Ko, Enhanced interconnection of TiO2 nanoparticles using atomic layer deposition for flexible dye sensitized solar cells with plastic substrates, Nano, 9, 1440011, 2014.
16. Y. Li, K. Yoo, D.-K. Lee, J. Y. Kim, H. Kim, B.S. Kim, M. J. Ko, Photovoltaic properties of high efficiency plastic dye-sensitized solar cells employing interparticle binding agent ??nanoglue??, Nanoscale, 5, 4711-4719, 2013 (which was elected as the front cover image) (IF: 6.233)
15. Y. Li, D.-K. Lee, J. Y. Kim, B.S. Kim, N.-G. Park, K. Kim, J.-H. Shim, I.-S. Choi, M. J. Ko, Highly durable and flexible dye-sensitized solar cells fabricated on plastic substrates: PVDF-nanofiber-reinforced TiO2 photoelectrodes, Energy & Environmental Science, 5, 8950-8957, 2012 (which was elected as the back cover image) (IF: 11.653)
14. Y. Li, W. Lee, D.-K. Lee, K. Kim, N.-G. Park, M. J. Ko, Pure anatase TiO2 ??nanoglue??: an inorganic binding agent to improve nanoparticle interconnections in the low-temperature sintering of dye-sensitized solar cells, Applied Physics Letters, 98, 103301, 2011. (which was selected in Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology, volume 23, issue 11, 2011) (IF: 3.794)
13. Y. Li, K. Yoo, D.-K. Lee, J.-H. Kim, N.-G. Park, K. Kim, M. J. Ko, Highly bendable composite photoelectrode prepared from TiO2/polymer blend for low temperature fabricated dye-sensitized solar cells, Current Applied Physics, 10, e171?Ce175, 2010. (IF: 1.814 )
12. S. R. Min, H. N. Cho, Y. Li, C. W. Chung, Inductively coupled plasma reactive ion etching of ZnO films in HBr/Ar plasma, Thin Solid Films, 516, 3521-3529, 2008. (IF: 1.604)
11. S. R. Min, H. N. Cho, Y. Li, S. K. Lim, S. P. Choi, C. W. Chung, Inductively coupled plasma reactive ion etching of titanium nitride thin films in a Cl2/Ar plasma, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 14, 297-302, 2008. (IF: 2.145)
10. Y. Li, D. Y. Lee, S. R. Min, H. N. Cho, J. Kim, C. W. Chung, Effect of oxygen concentration on properties of indium zinc oxide thin films for flexible dye-sensitized solar cell, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 47, 6896-6899, 2008. (IF: 1.067)
9. Y.Li, H. N. Cho, S. R. Min, C. W. Chung, Optical and electrical properties of RF-sputtered indium zinc oxide Films, Yuelong Li et al, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 13, 777-780, 2007. (IF: 2.145)
8. H. N. Cho, S. R. Min, Y. Li, C. W. Chung, Dry etching of IZO thin films using a C2F6/Ar plasma, Applied Chemistry, 11, 77-80, 2007.
7. S. R. Min, H. N. Cho, Y. Li, S. P. Choi, C. W. Chung, Dry etch of magnetic tunnel junction stack pattered with nanometer size using HBr/Ar and Cl2/Ar plasma, Applied Chemistry, 11, 165-168, 2007.
6. H. N. Cho, S. R. Min, Y. Li, C. W. Chung, Inductively coupled plasma reactive ion etching of TiO2 thin films using a C2F6/Ar gas, Applied Chemistry, 11, 397-400, 2007.
5. Y.Li, S. R. Min, H. N. Cho, C. W. Chung, Effect of rf-sputtered indium zinc oxide thin films on efficiency of dye-sensitized solar cell with low-temperature process, Applied Chemistry, 11, 598-601, 2007.
4. Y.Li, H. N. Cho, S. R. Min, C. W. Chung, Indium zinc oxide thin films deposited by radio frequency magnetron sputtering for fabrication of flexible dye-sensitized solar cell, Applied Chemistry, 11, 606-609, 2007.
3. H. N. Cho, Y. Li, S. R. Min, C. W. Chung, Effect of O2 concentration and annealing temperature on the characteristics of indium zinc oxide thin films, Journal of the Korean Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, 17, 644-647, 2006.
2. S. R. Min, H. N. Cho, Y. Li, C. W. Chung, Dry etching of nickel thin films using a Cl2/Ar gas, Theories and Applications of Chem. Eng., 12, 2424-2427, 2006.
1. Y.Li, H. N. Cho, S. R. Min, C. W. Chung, Influence of sputtering parameters on the optical and electrical properties of rf-sputtered In2O3-ZnO films, Theories and Applications of Chem. Eng., 12, 2543-2546, 2006.
3. Dye Sensitized Solar Cells with Metal Substrates: Anodes, Cathodes and Electrolyte with Enhanced Optical, Mechanical, and Electrical Properties, and Methods Thereof, submitted to United States Patent Office, 2013
2. Composition for photo-electrodes, photo-electrodes and dye-sensitized solar cells comprising the same, Korea Patent Office, 10-1140361, 2012
1. lectrodes comprising electrospun polymer nanofibers-sprayed metal oxide nanocomposite and preparation method thereof, and dye-sensitized solar cells using the same, Korea Patent office, 10-1032791, 2011